- This event has passed.
2020 Annual Event | How-To Workshop: Where Mission Meets Advocacy
October 14, 2020 @ 9:45 am - 11:00 am CDT
Please click here to view session
This pre-recorded session, hosted by the Wisconsin Nonprofit Resources Group, draws upon the wisdom and input of the following experts:
- Tiffany Carter of National Council on Nonprofits — communication and advocacy strategies in the sector and timely considerations.
- Melanie Schmidt of Timpano Consulting, on best practices for communications and stakeholder relations at this unprecedented time
- Len Iaquinta of Len Iaquinta’s Excellence in Communications, on communications with a special focus on funds development
- Practitioner Experts Sharing About their Recent Strategies with Communications:
- Andy Gussert of Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin;
- Breanne Illene of Wisconsin Council of Churches;
- Matt Stienstra of Hunger Task Force;
- Megan McGee of Ex Fabula
Please note that the CommNS plans to host a follow-up session to this event in Winter or Spring — stay tuned.
Check out this Google Doc with resources referenced by our session speakers here.
We also recommend that attendees interested in these themes attend our afternoon session on “Stakeholder Relations and Policy Change — through a Food Systems and Cities Lens” — which will take place as a live synchronous session at 1 p.m. (Wednesday, 10/14).